Tuesday 2 December 2014

Rave Review: Queen Helene Oatmeal 'n Honey Natural Facial Scrub!

Oatmeal 'n Honey Scrub! For those who love a good rough scrub, like the very popular and super effective St. Ives Apricot scrub this is a total competitor! I've been using various versions of St. Ives Apricot scrubs and other apricot scrubs but after so many of the same type of product and scent I thought it's time to try something different! 

Queen Helene finally arrived in singapore drugstores more than a year ago and I when I smelled how good the Oatmeal and Honey was I had to get it! More importantly I could see and feel that the scrub was a rough texture that I really love!

Continue below for my review!
Queen Helene Oatmeal 'n Honey Natural Facial Scrub!
Queen Helene Oatmeal 'n Honey Natural Facial Scrub!
Packaging & Product!

I'm quite a fan of the simple packaging of Queen Helene products. I like how all their tubes are white based and then are colored with a design that matches the featured ingredient in the product. It's simple and nothing fancy but it stands out on the shelf and I love getting a big big tube when it comes to face scrubs! Unlike the advice a lot of people give I tend to scrub my face almost every single day. Not always with the same texture of scrub but with some kind of textured scrub, especially on the days when I'm wearing  full face of make up.

Right into this product it's fantastic! First off it's a great non greasy and sticky feeling scrub. It doesn't look like it right away but the product is filled with medium sized rough scrub bits that are more effective than the large granules you get with St. Ives. There are far more scrubby bits and because they aren't as big as St. Ives you can rub them more without hurting the skin and get better exfoliation.

Something to note is that this scrub smells amazing! It smells more like a chocolate oatmeal scent! It's fabulous and it really works well at removing my face make up which I follow with a face cleanser after this! After using this my skin feels smoother and small bumps and healing scars fade faster. Every girl needs a rough textured scrub like this! I've already repurchased another scent of scrub from Queen Helene and I can't wait to buy more in the future!

Queen Helene Oatmeal 'n Honey Natural Facial Scrub!
The scrub bits are much finer than those in St. Ives apricot scrub but they are just as rough and just as effective! I love the sweet chocolate oatmeal type smell too!

Queen Helene Oatmeal 'n Honey Natural Facial Scrub!
Queen Helene Oatmeal 'n Honey Natural Facial Scrub!
Paid: $12 SGD or about $9.20 USD 

(this is SOOO affordable for Singapore drugstores and the amount you get!)

Recommend: Yes! Totally! I would recommend every girl to own an affordable and textured scrub like this which is great for normal to oily skin types! As a plus, this smells amazing!

Repurchase: Yes! I've repurchase another scrub from them already but I'm totally considering getting this exact same one again! I love love the scent and how well it works!

Bottom line: This scrub is a winner! It's affordable, works amazingly well and it smells great as a bonus! I love it as part of my make up removal process and it's a great product just for exfoliation!


What type of scrub do you use?
Tried oatmeal and honey?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

10 comments:

  1. Good review. Also have you tried the mint masque from this range, it is a favourite in our house used by me and my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The markup is a bit too much in Singapore...I think it's between 3-4 dollars in drugstores. I repurchased several time mainly because the price is pretty good and it's effective without making my skin too thin. There is also a pomegranate version I prefer over this (pretty much the same thing, with a fruity smell) but it's not stocked as often in my drugstore/ulta nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually homemade facial mask with oatmeal all the
    time with yogurt :P glad to hear this stuff works well
    for you ^__^ Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. mm,,,, this sounds great!! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing! I totally agree that more smaller granules are better than fewer larger granules. The smell sounds awesome too hehe!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seems like a really good product and I would love to try it. I don't think this is available in my country yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharlynn,

    I like your most honest view of this product. Why say all reasonably priced things are not good?? :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review Sharlynn, this sounds like an amazing product to try. I generally am not an Oatmeal fan, lol can't stand the smell >.< but I wondered if the smell would be more acceptable when mix with honey?! I am a honey fan :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh it looks really scrubby! I've heard honey is great for acne/scars too. I also scrub my face every day. Even though people say not to, but it works for me! :)

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review! Could get this for my hubby. I bought the Mint Julep and Grapeseed for him, but he doesn't like it. My skin is too dry and sensitive to enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...